NestEast Development Project Manager
Dependent on Experience
This is an exciting role managing development projects for a small boutique developer. The role will be responsible for sites from conception/ initial site purchase through to delivery of practical completion and onward sale. Developments are new build mixed use projects and conversion of existing buildings. Typical projects range from 2 to 25 units. As Development Project Manager you will be expected to have a good understanding of the full residential new build process and ensure each project is completed on time and within a set budget. You will have the ability to be a keen problem solver and you will be able to work autonomously.
Role Description and Duties
- Lead on all parts of the development cycle for new build and conversion projects from acquisition, legals, planning, pre and during construction and sales/ letting.
- Act as the lead point of contact for all professionals related to the management of the new build projects including coordinating architects, contractors, their sub-contractors, interior designers, structural engineers, M+E specialists, building control, party wall surveyors etc.
- Leading on all project planning meetings, including taking minutes, distributing minutes and coordinating attendance at all project, site and QS meetings.
- Responsibility for managing cash flow, procurement, insurance and financial appraisals.
- Identifying and responding to opportunities to support efficiency within projects
- Measuring and reporting on project progress against key timelines.
- Work with director and marketing / branding team to develop the identity for the projects
- Other duties as required by the role and as it develops.
- Proven experience in project managing new build projects under JCT contracts form cradle to grave
- Appreciation of quality architectural and interior design and how this can add value to the development cycle
- Proven track record in delivering high (not luxury or prime) specification developments
- Solid understanding of design, procurement and construction
- Degree qualified within a surveying, design or engineering discipline
- Driven and enthusiastic
- Lateral thinker and problem solver and tenacious approach to what will be a busy and challenging workload
Strong communication skills and ability to deliver projects involving a wide range of partners
Ideally suited to someone who has worked for a larger practice and now would like to move to a smaller company. We are looking to develop a long term working relationship with the successful candidate as this is seen as a key developmental role in securing the future success of the company. Candidates with new build experience only please.